Kenderesti are small sea dwelling humanoids that play among the coral reefs far in the oceans surrounding Ansalon.
The passing of the Graygem spawned a number of new races and creatures across the face of Krynn. Kender, dwarves and minotaurs were just a few. As the gnomes followed the Greygem past the west coast of Ansalon, the chaotic gem cast its magic upon the trailing gnomes converting them into small elven looking sea creatures. These creatures became known as the Kenderesti.
The Kenderesti physically look similar to the kender of Ansalon, they are small approximately 3 feet tall, with almond eyes and pointed ears. They have cheerful dispositions and intense facial expressions. The make their home among the various coral reefs that exist surrounding the continent of Ansalon.
They are intensely curious and have been known to sneak onto a ship now and again to find items of interest. If caught, they try to pass themselves off as the children of sea elves in hopes of being released. They do not share the fearlessness of true kender. Sunken ships are playgrounds to this spritely race.
Kenderesti are cautious around strangers and prefer flight to fighting. If cornered a kenderesti will defend herself with her spear, which most kenderesti carry with them for spearfishing and defending themselves against larger predators.
Kenderesti traits (Ex):
- +2 racial bonus to Will saves against all spells and spell-like abilites.
- +2 racial bonus to all Hide and Move Silent Skill checks. Kenderesti have learned to be very stealthy to avoid danger in the ocean depths.
- Low-Light vision: Kenderesti can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, etc.
- +2 racial bonus to Search, Spot, and Listen checks. A kenderesti that merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check as though actively searching for it.
- Gills: Kenderesti can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of constitution (after that refer to sufocation rules on page 88 of the Dungeon Masters Guide.)
- Swim 40 feet
Kenderesti live in small tribes far from Ansalon. Each tribe is the protector of a reef, keeping away larger predators and protecting smaller fish until they need them for food. They are independant and curious about land dwellers that user ships to travel through their territory.
Sunken ships are thier playgrounds and they collect many
This creature has not yet been play tested.
This is a kender type creature.