While Kender are the children of Krynn, Half-Kender are the adolescents.
Half-Kender always walk the line between the world of Kender and the world of Humans, never quite fitting in to either world.
Personality:While half-kender have several traits of their kender parentage, it does not dominate how they act. Half-kender have a tendency to handle, for instance, but have a vague notion of ownership and property. The often return the items that they borrow. Half-Kender are free spirits, and have a certain amount of Wanderlust. They do tend to settle down after a while, though, Half-Kender are more cunning than Kender. Kender usually have no ulterior motive for what they do, while Half-Kender often do.
Physical Description: Half-Kender usually stand between 4 and a half to 5 and quarter feet tall and usually weight between 90 and 140 pounds. Half-kender tend to look like small statured humans. They do not possess the pointed ears of a kender, and do not tend to wear their hair in a topknot. Oftentimes they appear as young adolescents. Half-Kender males grow some facial hair, which never reaches a thickness beyond that of peach fuzz.
Relations: Half-kender never quite fit in with any race or community. Non-kender races will consider the Half-Kender to be but a boy growing to manhood. Once an individual gets to know a Half-Kender, they grow suspicious of their true heritage. Half-Kender seem to do well in Kender communities, although they don’t quite fit in there either. Half-Kender tend to be more mature, therefore not fitting in well.
Alignment: Half-Kender tend towards Chaotic Good.
Half-Kender Lands: Half-Kender, as a mixed breed, do not possess any lands of their own. They often live in Kender communities, such as Kendermore.
Religion: Half-Kender have no set religion, although they tend to favor Branchala.
Language: Half-Kender automatically speak Common and Kenderspeak.
Names: Kender names often depend on whether the Half-Kender is raised in a human community or a Kender community.
Male Names: Tarli, Tobi.
Female Names: Serra, Tara
Family Names: Lockspringer
Adventurers: Half-Kender share the Kender curiosity, and tend to wander the lands of Krynn. Their rebellious streak tends to land them in trouble more often than not. Half-Kender can also be found adventuring in search of their true parentage.
Half-Kender Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity.
- Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, Half-Kender have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- A Half-Kender has a base speed of 30
- Fearless: Half-kender are not totally immune to fear, but do have some natural resistance against it. Half-Kender gain a +2 bonus to all saves or checks involved with fear, whether mundane or magical.
- Taunt: Half-Kender can drive an opponent into a rage by taunting him incessantly, although not to the full effect of a true kender. If the opponent actively tries to ignore a Half-Kender's taunt, he must pass a Willpower saving throw with a DC equal to 10 + his Cha modifier. Once driven into a rage, the opponent attacks the kender by any means possible, ignoring all other threats. Furthermore, the enraged enemy suffers a -2 penalty to all attack rolls, but the anger fuels him on to deliver a +3 bonus to all damage rolls. This rage lasts until the half-kender is out of sight or dead, or the opponent has been subdued for two rounds or 1d8 rounds pass.
- Rogue Bonus: Half-Kender are naturally adept at getting into things and so naturally gain a +1 racial bonus to Climb, Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Open Lock, Pick Pocket, and Search.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
This document is copyright © Trampas Whiteman. Dragonlance is copyright © Wizards of the Coast.